Friday 17 January 2014

American Hustle Review



Director: David O. Russell
Genre: Crime, Drama
Main Cast: Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper
Trailer:


Review:
American Hustle is a film that will most likely divide audiences. Some may fall asleep in their chairs as a survival instinct, and others will be too transfixed to notice the person next to them snoring. Personally, my opinion of the film varied greatly throughout. I was asked halfway through by a friend if I was enjoying it, and the only honest answer I could give was ‘I don’t know’. If by the middle of the film you are more interested in finding the last scraps of popcorn in your box, then do not fret, it was the ending that really turns this film around for me. All the cast nail their characters to a T and was no surprise that it picked up 3 Golden Globes.

If you like a bit of crime, mind games and con artists, American Hustle will deliver. Oh, want some romance and drama too? Sure plenty to go around as well.

Whilst you’ll find it may not be a conventional Hollywood blockbuster, it’s definitely a film to look out for and add to your list.

Personal Rating 4/5 Stars
★★★★

- James

No comments:

Post a Comment